As a C.I.I. Member or Service Participant, you are entitled to the following services:
- Free Special Topic Forum Participation ($150.00 value per participant) - Topics covered in 2015 included: Legislative Update; Social Media; Digital Citizenship; Gamification/Game Theory; Gaming; Makerspaces; Coding for Kids; App Creation; and ITRT/CRS Strategies.
- Networking Opportunities - C.I.I. Members and Service Participants are invited to make new connections during periodically scheduled face-to-face and virtual gatherings.
- Reduced Registration Fee for Tech Trek ($200.00 savings over non-member rates per registration) - Tech Trek is a week long technology camp where participants learn the latest educational technology and classroom integration techniques while focusing on state technology standards. The Member and Service Participant registration fee is $599.00 and the Non-Member registration fee is $799.00.
- The Great Computer Challenge Participation (Senior & Junior) - Competitive opportunities for K-12 students to demonstrate their computer utilization skills. Please note that you must be a C.I.I. Member or Service Participant to participate in the GCC. This event is not open to non-members.
And don't forget about the additional opportunities that are available:
- WHRO Education Online Professional Development Course Participation - Locally developed, high-quality online teacher training featuring courses specifically addressing Virginia standards. Current Course Schedule
- Free Access to eMediaVA ($500.00 value per building) - eMediaVA is a potent content distribution system that can either complement or replace Discovery Education streaming™. In development for the last few years, eMediaVA seamlessly integrates with PBS LearningMedia and currently includes nearly 50,000 purpose-built learning objects from a variety of regional and national sources such as the National Archives, the Smithsonian, NASA, NPR, Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia’s Public Media Stations, Science Museum of Virginia, Valentine Richmond History Center, The Fred Rogers Company, Sesame Workshop, Old Dominion University, and other major educational content providers with more being added every day. Teachers can upload, assign, and share their own learning objects and create student accounts, classes, quizzes, assignments, and personal playlists. Free eMediaVA teacher and administrator training sessions are available.