Celebrate Read Across America on March 3rd!
Mark your calendars: March 3rd marks the 17th Annual Read Across America Day! Read Across America Day was created to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday, and it kicks off a week of reading across the nation with participation from parents, schools, libraries and other organizations.
Here are some resources you can use to celebrate Read Across America in your home or school:
- Watch on WHRO-TV PBS KIDS is hosting a week long BIRTHDAY CAT-EBRATION! Four brand new episodes of The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! air over the week of March 3rd, starting with a full hour of back-to-back premieres that Monday. Click here to check WHRO’s TV schedule for listings.
- Download Activities Click here to download printable Dr. Seuss birthday activities.
- Pbskids.org/catinthehat features games and videos available for your desktop and mobile devices! A new mobile friendly game, Marbleous Marvel Coaster, is launching to celebrate the event.
- Pbsparents.org/catinthehat is your go-to for parental activities and exploration guides for family fun and adventure.
- Seussville.com is the official site of Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat, featuring games, printable activities, resources, retail opportunities and more.
- Seussville.com/birthdayclub Random House Children’s Books is launching their Dr. Seuss’s Birthday Club for Seuss fans of all ages. Sign up to get updates on activities, e-cards, prize packs, and more starting March 2nd!
- Nea.org/grants/886.htm The National Education Association’s official Read Across America website is a wealth of resources and background information.