Calling All Creative Young Minds: Enter The 2014 PBS Kids Writers Contest
Register for The 2014 Great Computer Challenge
Enroll in Spring 2014 Professional Development Courses
Our Reading Buddies Program Helps Increase Vocabulary
The 2014 Virginian-Pilot Spelling Bee on WHRO
We're Hiring Content Area Review Team Members
Online Course Content Area Review Team (CART) members are needed for the following subjects:
Algebra I, Algebra II/Trigonometry, Geometry, French I, Psychology, Virginia and US History
Description: For the past seven years, WHRO has developed online secondary student courses that are aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning. These original courses are modular, instructor-facilitated, textbook-independent, and media-rich. The scope of the content development will involve two different types of projects. French I and Psychology will be created as new online courses. The following courses will be revision projects: Algebra I, Algebra II/Trigonometry, Geometry, and Virginia and US History. These courses will be updated and re-aligned to meet current Virginia Standards of Learning and other national standards.
After the content creation and instructional design portion of the course creation process, the Content Area Review Team (CART) members work collaboratively to evaluate each module of learning for design, content, quality and standards. Once a module is reviewed through an online tracking system, the CART members participate in follow-up conference calls to discuss any needed changes, along with course content developers, instructional designers, and project managers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 - 5 years teaching experience in a specific secondary content area (i.e. History and Social Science) and/or curriculum supervisory experience in a specific subject area.
Required Qualifications: A qualified candidate must demonstrate:
- Possession of a current Virginia Teaching License with appropriate endorsement(s);
- A thorough knowledge of content and associated standards of course being developed;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, clearly, and concisely;
- Previous experience with developing learning objectives and instructional activities that support a variety of learning styles;
- The ability to review content and assessment items that are rigorous and correlate to middle and higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy;
- Experience with curriculum design principles and practices;
- Exemplary time management, communications, inter-personal, verbal, listening, problem solving, decision-making, organizational, and troubleshooting skills;
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment; and
- The ability to use the internet and a word processor.
Please note that chosen candidates must attend an online training on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and training at WHRO’s Norfolk location on Monday, March 31, 2014 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Prior experience with online learning and online course development
- Online teaching experience and or online teaching facilitator training
- Attendance at a Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning Institute (if applicable)
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to Whitney Raymo by February 18, 2014 at
. Please specify which courses you are interested in within your cover letter.
WHRO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.