Registration Details for Virginia's PBS TeacherLine Courses
- Are you a C.I.I. Member?
- Are you a C.I.I. Service Participant?
- How to Pay
- Course Cost by Hour (gradaute credit available at an additional cost)
- How do I apply a promo code?
- Payment questions?
Questions and Answers
The course listing should have told you how much you needed to pay based on your credit type and the amount of hours of the course. As of June 1, 2010, registration course fees are no longer covered by the NCLB Ed Tech Grant Funding for C.I.I. Members and C.I.I. Service Participants.
Are you a C.I.I. Member? If your school or division is listed here http://education.whro.org/ciimembers, you are considered a C.I.I. Member.
Are you a C.I.I. Service Participant? If your school or division is listed here http://education.whro.org/servicespart, you are considered a C.I.I. Service Participant.
How to Pay: Please pay within the online registration system through PayPal. Once you have registered for the course, a PayPal button will appear, or click on MY CURRENT SCHEDULE then $ View Unpaid Courses. You will see a button "PayPal Click here to pay." If you have a PayPal account you can login. If you would rather pay by credit card, that option is on the left. You can find payment info with screen shots here. http://education.whro.org/images/profdev/docs/payment-info.pdf Payment is due the Tuesday (midnight Eastern Time) before the start date.
|Membership Type||15 hour||30 hour||45 hour|
|C.I.I. Service Participant||$325||$355||$405|
|Non - C.I.I. Member||$325||$355||$405|
How do I apply a promo code?
If a promo code is available, you will find the information here. http://education.whro.org/pd-promos Go ahead and pay through the system, then send an email as requested and we will credit the promo % amount.
1) Refunds for Dropped Courses
2) Refunds for Cancelled Courses
If Virginia PBS TeacherLinecancels a course, the full price of the course will be will be applied to the method (credit card or Purchase Order) used to pay for the enrollment. The refund will be processed without any additional action from the learner.
1) Make sure you have a National PBS TeacherLine Account. If you do not, you will need to go to http://www.pbs.org/teacherline and click on login on the top right hand corner of the page. On the next page you will see a section that says "create a new account." Once you click there, you will need to create an account using your email address (the one that this email was sent to/the one used in the registration program) and log in. Once you login you will need to click on "My Courses" and accept the reservation. If your reservation is not listed, come back a couple days before the class is to start. If you were successful accepting the reservation, you can jump to step 3.
2) Accept the Course Reservation. If you already had a National PBS TeacherLine Account, you will receive an email from PBS a couple of days before the course is to begin, with a link to accept the reservation. In order to complete your registration you must accept the reservation to get your seat in the course. If you do not receive the email from PBS, you can also go to the National PBS TeacherLine website http://www.pbs.org/teacherline and login. If you have already created an account you will just login at the top right hand corner of the page and click on "My Courses" there you will see a box that says reservations. Your requested course will be listed and you will need to click yes to accept the reservation. After accepting the reservation, your course will show up under your "Current Courses" section. And you will have access to your course two days before it begins.
3) Login to the Course. You will have access to your course two days before it starts. To access your course, go to http://www.pbs.org/teacherline. Login at the top right hand corner of the page and click on the "Current Courses" section. Your course should be listed there.
Please note that reservations will expire, so please login and accept your seat ASAP.
4) New to Online Learning? Once you have created a National PBSTeacherLine account, login here. http://www.pbs.org/teacherline Click on My Courses. You will see the following course which you have access to for FREE. TECH101 (Free Orientation Course) Practice Learning Online with TeacherLine You can spend as much time as you would like before, during, and after your official TeacherLine Course.
5) Grades / Certificate of Completion. Once the course ends, the instructor will post your grade within the National Teacherline site. http://www.pbs.org/teacherline Login and click on My Courses. You willl see the list of courses you have taken or are taking, and the staus. If the course if offically complete and instructor has submitted the grades, you will have access to your certificate. More information on obtaining your certificate can be found here. http://www.pbs.org/teacherline/support/article/8/
6) Participation and Attendance Policy
In order to receive a completion certificate and/or graduate credit, you must properly and consistently participate in the course.
- As of the course start date, you have seven days to log in and begin participating in the discussion board.
- You must not be absent from the course for more than seven consecutive days throughout the course. We consider an absent learner to be one who does not log into the course, does not turn in assignments on time, does not contribute to the discussion board, or does not respond to the facilitator's email.
If you do not meet the participation and attendance policy standards, you may still remain in the course and have access to the course readings, materials, and discussions. However, your facilitator will not evaluate your assignments.
All of Virginia's PBS TeacherLine courses have been approved for gradaute credit. JMU credit is available as well as several other universities. JMU notes James Madison University graduate credit is available at an additional fee of only $90 per credit hour plus a $20 service fee.
Approximately two weeks after your course begins, your facilitator will notify you by email of your graduate credit opportunities and specific instructions on how to apply. You are responsible for registering for the graduate credit by the deadline.
More Details on Graduate Credit can be found on the National PBS TeacherLine site.
JMU: JMU doesn’t automatically mail transcripts to all students when a course is complete. Once your grade is posted, you may request a transcript. This may take up to 2 weeks after the last day of the course for processing (you can log into the JMU system to see if your grade has been posted.) There’s no fee for transcripts. To request a transcript, just go to the registrar’s website and http://www.jmu.edu/registrar, and click on “Transcript Request.”
Other Universities: Please visit the National PBS TeacherLine site for the up-to-date transcript information.
You can find our course offerings here. http://education.whro.org/pdcourseschedule