Registration Details for WHRO Education Online Professional Development Courses
- Are you a C.I.I. Member?
- Are you a C.I.I. Service Participant?
- How to Pay
- Course Cost by Hour (gradaute credit available for some at an additional cost)
- How do I apply a promo code?
- Payment questions?
Questions and Answers
The course listing should have told you how much you needed to pay based on your credit type and the amount of hours of the course. As of June 1, 2010, registration course fees are no longer covered by the NCLB Ed Tech Grant Funding for C.I.I. Members and C.I.I. Service Participants.
Are you a C.I.I. Member? If your school or division is listed here http://education.whro.org/ciimembers, you are considered a C.I.I. Member.
Are you a C.I.I. Service Participant? If your school or division is listed here http://education.whro.org/servicespart, you are considered a C.I.I. Service Participant.
How to Pay: Please pay within the online registration system through PayPal. Once you have registered for the course, a PayPal button will appear, or click on MY CURRENT SCHEDULE then $ View Unpaid Courses. You will see a button "PayPal Click here to pay." If you have a PayPal account you can login. If you would rather pay by credit card, that option is on the left. You can find payment info with screen shots here. http://education.whro.org/images/profdev/docs/payment-info.pdf Payment is due the Tuesday (midnight Eastern Time) before the start date.
|Membership Type||5 hour||10 hour||15 hour||30 hour||45 hour||60 hour|
|C.I.I. Service Participant||$175||$235||$325||$355||$405||$455|
|Non - C.I.I. Member||$175||$235||$325||$355||$405||$455|
How do I apply a promo code?
If a promo code is available, you will find the information here. http://education.whro.org/pd-promos Go ahead and pay through the system, then send an email as requested and we will credit the promo % amount.
1) Refunds for Dropped Courses
2) Refunds for Cancelled Courses
If WHRO Education cancels a course, the full price of the course will be will be applied to the method (credit card or Purchase Order) used to pay for the enrollment. The refund will be processed without any additional action from the learner.
3) Login to the Course. You will have access to your course a couple of days before it starts. To access course, go to https://whro.desire2learn.com. Login on the left-hand side with your username and password that was provided in the welcome letter. Scroll down to the "Professional Development" section. You should see the current year, and then a link to the course you are registered for. You can find login info with screen shots here.
4) New to Online Learning? You can view the Help Widget at the following link. https://whro.desire2learn.com/shared/documentation/10.3/instructor/en/Getting%20Started%20in%20Learning%20Environment.html
5) Grades, Evaluations, and Certificate of Completion. Once the course ends, the instructor will post your grade within D2L. They will also post it within the online registration system. Once you receive an email noting that you have attended the course, the evaluation for the course will be made available under the My Evaluations Tab. Once you fill out the online evaluation, your certificate of completion will be made available. You will be able to view the certificate under the My Transcript Tab. Make sure you change the page orientation from portrait to landscape, and then you can print the certificate for your records. You can find the evaluation and certificate info here. http://education.whro.org/images/profdev/docs/online-eval-certificate.pdf
6) Participation and Attendance Policy
In order to receive a completion certificate and/or graduate credit, you must properly and consistently participate in the course.
- As of the course start date, you have seven days to log in and begin participating in the discussion board.
- You must not be absent from the course for more than seven consecutive days throughout the course. We consider an absent learner to be one who does not log into the course, does not turn in assignments on time, does not contribute to the discussion board, or does not respond to the facilitator's email.
If you do not meet the participation and attendance policy standards, you may still remain in the course and have access to the course readings, materials, and discussions. However, your facilitator will not evaluate your assignments.
The Online Teaching Methodology course is the only WHRO Education Online Professional Development Course currently approved for graduate credit. JMU notes James Madison University graduate credit is available at an additional fee of only $90 per credit hour plus a $20 service fee.
Approximately two weeks after your course begins, your facilitator will notify you by email of your graduate credit opportunities and specific instructions on how to apply. You are responsible for registering for the graduate credit by the deadline which is the last day of the class.
You can find more info here. http://education.whro.org/images/profdev/docs/otm-schedule.pdf
Transcripts: JMU doesn’t automatically mail transcripts to all students when a course is complete. Once your grade is posted, you may request a transcript. This may take up to 2 weeks after the last day of the course for processing (you can log into the JMU system to see if your grade has been posted.) There’s no fee for transcripts. To request a transcript, just go to the registrar’s website and http://www.jmu.edu/registrar, and click on “Transcript Request.”
You can find our course offerings here. http://education.whro.org/pdcourseschedule